- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
OSF St. Anthony Center for Life offers ‘Baby Express’
From press release
Although prospective parents want to be well prepared for the birth of their baby, they do not always have the time to attend a series of prenatal classes.
To help expectant parents prepare for the birth of their child and the early postpartum period, the OSF St. Anthony Center for Life offers a one-day class called “Baby Express.” The next class will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, April 10, in the Foundation Room in the Medical Center.
Included in the class will be information about such topics as relaxation, breathing and labor support skills, stages of labor, alternatives for pain control and the birth process.
Baby Express covers the material found in the four-session prenatal classes, with the exception of CPR and breastfeeding. These components are included in the fees for the class, but are offered on different days and times. Participants are requested to return to learn breastfeeding techniques and CPR for infants and toddlers.
Repeat parents who wish to review breathing techniques, medications and labor are invited to attend the last portion of the class. Call (815) 227-2695 for information about the parental refresher section of the class.
Couples should wear comfortable clothes to the class and bring two bed pillows. Class size is limited, and registration is required. The fee for the class is $75 per couple. For information and registration, call (815) 227-2695.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue