- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
OSF St. Anthony ‘Stepping Forward’ program offers support for cancer patients
From press release
If you or a family member is diagnosed with cancer, you are probably dealing with a rush of emotions, ranging from fear to denial to a feeling of anger and loneliness.
You are also asking yourself a multitude of questions, including options in treatment and what to expect in the future. Cancer patients and their families often feel as though they need a time and place to share their experiences and express their fears in a safe, confidential atmosphere.
Sponsored by OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, the free support group, “Stepping Forward,” is designed to provide an informal exchange of information and feelings for cancer patients and their families.
The next meetings will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Thursdays, April 8 and 22, in the OSF St. Anthony Center for Cancer Care library.
The support group meetings are informal. Various topics dealing with cancer are explored during the meetings, although formal educational programs are not offered. Meetings are free, and registration is not necessary. For more information, call (815) 395-2223.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. The Medical Center Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue