- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
OSF St. Anthony ‘Stepping Forward’ program offers support for cancer patients
From press release
If you or a family member is diagnosed with cancer, you are probably dealing with a rush of emotions, ranging from fear to denial to a feeling of anger and loneliness.
You are also asking yourself a multitude of questions, including options in treatment and what to expect in the future. Cancer patients and their families often feel as though they need a time and place to share their experiences and express their fears in a safe, confidential atmosphere.
Sponsored by OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, the free support group, “Stepping Forward,” is designed to provide an informal exchange of information and feelings for cancer patients and their families.
The next meetings will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Thursdays, April 8 and 22, in the OSF St. Anthony Center for Cancer Care library.
The support group meetings are informal. Various topics dealing with cancer are explored during the meetings, although formal educational programs are not offered. Meetings are free, and registration is not necessary. For more information, call (815) 395-2223.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. The Medical Center Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue