- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Believe it or not
There are some people who are lighting candles and making offerings according to the Old Testament laws. Plus, some will even adorn their necks with crucifixes, showing Jesus still upon the cross. But according to the New Testament, Jesus’ blood was the final offering (or libation) for everyone as a “propitiation (forgiveness) of our sins.” Jesus was the last sacrifice for mankind. And God has said, “Whatever I have told them not to do, this they do!” (To the contrary) Also, we Americans are considered free thinkers. But why can’t these different religious faiths agree upon the same basic principles? Because they have handed down from one generation to another, what to believe or not to believe! This is why the diversified religions, including all the political parties, cannot or will not agree upon anything. And this is why our country is so divided!
Philip J. Wilson
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue