- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
To the Editor: Believe it or not
There are some people who are lighting candles and making offerings according to the Old Testament laws. Plus, some will even adorn their necks with crucifixes, showing Jesus still upon the cross. But according to the New Testament, Jesus’ blood was the final offering (or libation) for everyone as a “propitiation (forgiveness) of our sins.” Jesus was the last sacrifice for mankind. And God has said, “Whatever I have told them not to do, this they do!” (To the contrary) Also, we Americans are considered free thinkers. But why can’t these different religious faiths agree upon the same basic principles? Because they have handed down from one generation to another, what to believe or not to believe! This is why the diversified religions, including all the political parties, cannot or will not agree upon anything. And this is why our country is so divided!
Philip J. Wilson
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue