- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
To the Editor: Believe it or not
There are some people who are lighting candles and making offerings according to the Old Testament laws. Plus, some will even adorn their necks with crucifixes, showing Jesus still upon the cross. But according to the New Testament, Jesus’ blood was the final offering (or libation) for everyone as a “propitiation (forgiveness) of our sins.” Jesus was the last sacrifice for mankind. And God has said, “Whatever I have told them not to do, this they do!” (To the contrary) Also, we Americans are considered free thinkers. But why can’t these different religious faiths agree upon the same basic principles? Because they have handed down from one generation to another, what to believe or not to believe! This is why the diversified religions, including all the political parties, cannot or will not agree upon anything. And this is why our country is so divided!
Philip J. Wilson
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue