Manzullo hosts ambassadors from Japan and Thailand in Rockford April 18-19
From press release
U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo (R-16) will welcome Ichiro Fujisaki, Japanese ambassador to the U.S, and Don Pramudwinai, Thai ambassador to the U.S., to Rockford April 18 and 19 to tour the airport, meet with local economic development officials, and attend a global economic conference at Rockford College.
Manzullo, senior Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific, and the Global Environment, works directly with the ambassadors in Washington, D.C., and invited them to come out to Rockford to meet with local business leaders and college students.
The schedule includes the following events:
Sunday, April 18
· Noon to 1 p.m.—Meeting with local officials and business leaders (Japanese ambassador only), Chicago-Rockford International Airport, terminal building.
· 1 to 1:15 p.m.—Media availability with Ambassador Fujisaki and Manzullo, terminal building.
· 1:15 to 2 p.m.—Tour of airport, Chicago-Rockford International Airport.
Monday, April 19
· 8:30 to 10 a.m.—Rockford College Forum on Global Economic Recovery (both Ambassadors and Manzullo will speak), Fisher Chapel at Rockford College, 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
· 10-10:15 a.m.—Media availability with Manzullo, Japanese and Thai ambassadors, and Rockford College officials.
This visit by the Japanese and Thai ambassadors to the U.S. is part of a regular series of visits to northern Illinois that Manzullo has organized with foreign dignitaries. In the past, Manzullo hosted the ambassadors of Hungary, Korea and Japan (past ambassador) at events in northern Illinois.
Print This Article