- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
‘An Evening with Kathy & Judy,’
From press release
The Rockford Network of Professional Women invite “girlfriends,” and those who want to be, to “An Evening with Kathy & Judy,” a benefit for the Rockford Network of Professional Women Scholarship Fund, 6 p.m., Thursday, April 29, at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
“Girlfriends” are the women (and men) who followed Kathy & Judy for more than 20 years on their WGN radio show as they discussed, sometimes heatedly, current events, personal feelings and experiences. The news that the immensely popular show was being canceled stunned their devoted fans and put Kathy & Judy into a life-changing transition—something each of us has experienced.
Join “Kathy & Judy” as they share insight, wisdom and humor about what is often a devastating event. Tickets are $50 each or $400 for tables of eight. Several levels of sponsorship opportunities are also available for this event. Funds raised will provide scholarships enabling local women to further their education, enrich their professional lives and by doing so, contribute positively to our community.
For reservations or sponsorship information, contact Cindy at (815) 397-1300 (work phone), (815) 228-1570 (cell phone) or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue