- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
‘An Evening with Kathy & Judy,’
From press release
The Rockford Network of Professional Women invite “girlfriends,” and those who want to be, to “An Evening with Kathy & Judy,” a benefit for the Rockford Network of Professional Women Scholarship Fund, 6 p.m., Thursday, April 29, at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
“Girlfriends” are the women (and men) who followed Kathy & Judy for more than 20 years on their WGN radio show as they discussed, sometimes heatedly, current events, personal feelings and experiences. The news that the immensely popular show was being canceled stunned their devoted fans and put Kathy & Judy into a life-changing transition—something each of us has experienced.
Join “Kathy & Judy” as they share insight, wisdom and humor about what is often a devastating event. Tickets are $50 each or $400 for tables of eight. Several levels of sponsorship opportunities are also available for this event. Funds raised will provide scholarships enabling local women to further their education, enrich their professional lives and by doing so, contribute positively to our community.
For reservations or sponsorship information, contact Cindy at (815) 397-1300 (work phone), (815) 228-1570 (cell phone) or by e-mail at email@example.com.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue