- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
‘An Evening with Kathy & Judy,’
From press release
The Rockford Network of Professional Women invite “girlfriends,” and those who want to be, to “An Evening with Kathy & Judy,” a benefit for the Rockford Network of Professional Women Scholarship Fund, 6 p.m., Thursday, April 29, at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
“Girlfriends” are the women (and men) who followed Kathy & Judy for more than 20 years on their WGN radio show as they discussed, sometimes heatedly, current events, personal feelings and experiences. The news that the immensely popular show was being canceled stunned their devoted fans and put Kathy & Judy into a life-changing transition—something each of us has experienced.
Join “Kathy & Judy” as they share insight, wisdom and humor about what is often a devastating event. Tickets are $50 each or $400 for tables of eight. Several levels of sponsorship opportunities are also available for this event. Funds raised will provide scholarships enabling local women to further their education, enrich their professional lives and by doing so, contribute positively to our community.
For reservations or sponsorship information, contact Cindy at (815) 397-1300 (work phone), (815) 228-1570 (cell phone) or by e-mail at email@example.com.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue