- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
‘Circle of Life’ transplant support group welcomes everyone
From press release
Taking part in a support group can be a great benefit to everyone involved in the transplant experience. You will learn first-hand how people are coping with the large and small life changes that come with organ transplant. Come and meet people at every stage of the transplant journey. Newly placed on a waiting list, waiting for a transplant, recently post surgery and those who have been living with a transplanted organ. The group is also open to organ donors past and present or those who are considering becoming a donor.
You will be able to share questions, concerns, fears, struggles and triumphs with fellow patients, their families and friends. The group can become a resource you or your family can access for information, encouragement and confidence to manage changes with a positive attitude.
Meeting times and dates are 6 to 8 p.m., Thursdays, April 15, July 15 and Oct. 14 at Hilltop Ministries Building, 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park, Ill. For more information, call Michelle at (815) 509-5387.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue