- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
‘Circle of Life’ transplant support group welcomes everyone
From press release
Taking part in a support group can be a great benefit to everyone involved in the transplant experience. You will learn first-hand how people are coping with the large and small life changes that come with organ transplant. Come and meet people at every stage of the transplant journey. Newly placed on a waiting list, waiting for a transplant, recently post surgery and those who have been living with a transplanted organ. The group is also open to organ donors past and present or those who are considering becoming a donor.
You will be able to share questions, concerns, fears, struggles and triumphs with fellow patients, their families and friends. The group can become a resource you or your family can access for information, encouragement and confidence to manage changes with a positive attitude.
Meeting times and dates are 6 to 8 p.m., Thursdays, April 15, July 15 and Oct. 14 at Hilltop Ministries Building, 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park, Ill. For more information, call Michelle at (815) 509-5387.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue