- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
‘Circle of Life’ transplant support group welcomes everyone
From press release
Taking part in a support group can be a great benefit to everyone involved in the transplant experience. You will learn first-hand how people are coping with the large and small life changes that come with organ transplant. Come and meet people at every stage of the transplant journey. Newly placed on a waiting list, waiting for a transplant, recently post surgery and those who have been living with a transplanted organ. The group is also open to organ donors past and present or those who are considering becoming a donor.
You will be able to share questions, concerns, fears, struggles and triumphs with fellow patients, their families and friends. The group can become a resource you or your family can access for information, encouragement and confidence to manage changes with a positive attitude.
Meeting times and dates are 6 to 8 p.m., Thursdays, April 15, July 15 and Oct. 14 at Hilltop Ministries Building, 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park, Ill. For more information, call Michelle at (815) 509-5387.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue