- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
‘Circle of Life’ transplant support group welcomes everyone
From press release
Taking part in a support group can be a great benefit to everyone involved in the transplant experience. You will learn first-hand how people are coping with the large and small life changes that come with organ transplant. Come and meet people at every stage of the transplant journey. Newly placed on a waiting list, waiting for a transplant, recently post surgery and those who have been living with a transplanted organ. The group is also open to organ donors past and present or those who are considering becoming a donor.
You will be able to share questions, concerns, fears, struggles and triumphs with fellow patients, their families and friends. The group can become a resource you or your family can access for information, encouragement and confidence to manage changes with a positive attitude.
Meeting times and dates are 6 to 8 p.m., Thursdays, April 15, July 15 and Oct. 14 at Hilltop Ministries Building, 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park, Ill. For more information, call Michelle at (815) 509-5387.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue