- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
‘Circle of Life’ transplant support group welcomes everyone
From press release
Taking part in a support group can be a great benefit to everyone involved in the transplant experience. You will learn first-hand how people are coping with the large and small life changes that come with organ transplant. Come and meet people at every stage of the transplant journey. Newly placed on a waiting list, waiting for a transplant, recently post surgery and those who have been living with a transplanted organ. The group is also open to organ donors past and present or those who are considering becoming a donor.
You will be able to share questions, concerns, fears, struggles and triumphs with fellow patients, their families and friends. The group can become a resource you or your family can access for information, encouragement and confidence to manage changes with a positive attitude.
Meeting times and dates are 6 to 8 p.m., Thursdays, April 15, July 15 and Oct. 14 at Hilltop Ministries Building, 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park, Ill. For more information, call Michelle at (815) 509-5387.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue