- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Customers can save on Energy Star appliances
From contributed information
Attention, shoppers! A new federal appliance rebate program starts this Friday, April 16, and continues for 10 days at selected retailers. Through this program, Illinois shoppers who buy Energy Star-qualified appliances can get a 15 percent discount at the cash register. Appliances include refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, clothes washers, and room air-conditioners.
Local participating retailers are: Al Grace Appliances, 811 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford; American Furniture, TV and Appliances, 6651 E. State St., Rockford; Best Buy Rockford, 281 Deane Drive; Ferguson Enterprises, Inc., 4250 McFarland Road, Loves Park; Guler Appliance Company, 227 Seventh St., Rockford; Home Depot, 1580 W. Lane Road, Machesney Park; Home Depot, 6930 Argus Drive, Rockford; Kmart, 1321 Sandy Hollow Road and 5909 E. State St., Rockford; Lowe’s of Machesney Park, 9700 N. Alpine Road; Lowe’s of Rockford, 7130 E. State Road; Pearson Plumbing, Heating & Pest Control, 2415 E. 20th St., Rockford; Sears, 7200 Harrison Ave., Rockford; Sears Essentials/Kmart, 1515 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park.
For more information about the program, go to IllinoisEnergy.org/appliances or call the Citizens Utility Board at (877) 782-7005.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue