- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Customers can save on Energy Star appliances
From contributed information
Attention, shoppers! A new federal appliance rebate program starts this Friday, April 16, and continues for 10 days at selected retailers. Through this program, Illinois shoppers who buy Energy Star-qualified appliances can get a 15 percent discount at the cash register. Appliances include refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, clothes washers, and room air-conditioners.
Local participating retailers are: Al Grace Appliances, 811 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford; American Furniture, TV and Appliances, 6651 E. State St., Rockford; Best Buy Rockford, 281 Deane Drive; Ferguson Enterprises, Inc., 4250 McFarland Road, Loves Park; Guler Appliance Company, 227 Seventh St., Rockford; Home Depot, 1580 W. Lane Road, Machesney Park; Home Depot, 6930 Argus Drive, Rockford; Kmart, 1321 Sandy Hollow Road and 5909 E. State St., Rockford; Lowe’s of Machesney Park, 9700 N. Alpine Road; Lowe’s of Rockford, 7130 E. State Road; Pearson Plumbing, Heating & Pest Control, 2415 E. 20th St., Rockford; Sears, 7200 Harrison Ave., Rockford; Sears Essentials/Kmart, 1515 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park.
For more information about the program, go to IllinoisEnergy.org/appliances or call the Citizens Utility Board at (877) 782-7005.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue