- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Keith’s Classics and Chrome Car Show April 17-18
By Doug Halberstadt
This weekend (Saturday, April 17 and Sunday, April 18) marks the return of the area’s premier auto show. The Classics and Chrome Car Show, a benefit fund-raiser for Keith Country Day School, is more than just the largest indoor auto show in northern Illinois—it’s a weekend-long celebration for car enthusiasts.
The two-day show will run from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., April 17, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., April 18. Admission is $6, and children younger than 10 are admitted free. The show is at the Indoor Sports Center at 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Classics and Chrome 2010 will showcase more than 120 unique vehicles that span more than 100 years. Pre- and post-war classics, sports cars, muscle cars, hot-rod and custom cars, exotic and racecars, specialty cars and motorcycles are all expected to be part of the show’s inventory.
Although the huge variety of shiny vehicles is the main attraction, the Classics and Chrome raffle is one of the show’s most popular features. Attendees can buy raffle tickets for $100 each, or they can buy five tickets and get their sixth one free.
The grand prize of the raffle is $35,000. Other prizes include: Second prize, $2,500 Clodius & Co. jewelry set; third prize, $1,000 in Mobil gas cards; fourth prize, 25 large pizzas from Papa John’s and a Pepsi vending machine.
For those unable to attend the show, raffle tickets can also be purchased by calling Keith Country Day School at (815) 399-8823.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue