- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Keith’s Classics and Chrome Car Show April 17-18
By Doug Halberstadt
This weekend (Saturday, April 17 and Sunday, April 18) marks the return of the area’s premier auto show. The Classics and Chrome Car Show, a benefit fund-raiser for Keith Country Day School, is more than just the largest indoor auto show in northern Illinois—it’s a weekend-long celebration for car enthusiasts.
The two-day show will run from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., April 17, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., April 18. Admission is $6, and children younger than 10 are admitted free. The show is at the Indoor Sports Center at 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Classics and Chrome 2010 will showcase more than 120 unique vehicles that span more than 100 years. Pre- and post-war classics, sports cars, muscle cars, hot-rod and custom cars, exotic and racecars, specialty cars and motorcycles are all expected to be part of the show’s inventory.
Although the huge variety of shiny vehicles is the main attraction, the Classics and Chrome raffle is one of the show’s most popular features. Attendees can buy raffle tickets for $100 each, or they can buy five tickets and get their sixth one free.
The grand prize of the raffle is $35,000. Other prizes include: Second prize, $2,500 Clodius & Co. jewelry set; third prize, $1,000 in Mobil gas cards; fourth prize, 25 large pizzas from Papa John’s and a Pepsi vending machine.
For those unable to attend the show, raffle tickets can also be purchased by calling Keith Country Day School at (815) 399-8823.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue