- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Keith’s Classics and Chrome Car Show April 17-18
By Doug Halberstadt
This weekend (Saturday, April 17 and Sunday, April 18) marks the return of the area’s premier auto show. The Classics and Chrome Car Show, a benefit fund-raiser for Keith Country Day School, is more than just the largest indoor auto show in northern Illinois—it’s a weekend-long celebration for car enthusiasts.
The two-day show will run from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., April 17, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., April 18. Admission is $6, and children younger than 10 are admitted free. The show is at the Indoor Sports Center at 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Classics and Chrome 2010 will showcase more than 120 unique vehicles that span more than 100 years. Pre- and post-war classics, sports cars, muscle cars, hot-rod and custom cars, exotic and racecars, specialty cars and motorcycles are all expected to be part of the show’s inventory.
Although the huge variety of shiny vehicles is the main attraction, the Classics and Chrome raffle is one of the show’s most popular features. Attendees can buy raffle tickets for $100 each, or they can buy five tickets and get their sixth one free.
The grand prize of the raffle is $35,000. Other prizes include: Second prize, $2,500 Clodius & Co. jewelry set; third prize, $1,000 in Mobil gas cards; fourth prize, 25 large pizzas from Papa John’s and a Pepsi vending machine.
For those unable to attend the show, raffle tickets can also be purchased by calling Keith Country Day School at (815) 399-8823.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue