- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Keith’s Classics and Chrome Car Show April 17-18
By Doug Halberstadt
This weekend (Saturday, April 17 and Sunday, April 18) marks the return of the area’s premier auto show. The Classics and Chrome Car Show, a benefit fund-raiser for Keith Country Day School, is more than just the largest indoor auto show in northern Illinois—it’s a weekend-long celebration for car enthusiasts.
The two-day show will run from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., April 17, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., April 18. Admission is $6, and children younger than 10 are admitted free. The show is at the Indoor Sports Center at 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Classics and Chrome 2010 will showcase more than 120 unique vehicles that span more than 100 years. Pre- and post-war classics, sports cars, muscle cars, hot-rod and custom cars, exotic and racecars, specialty cars and motorcycles are all expected to be part of the show’s inventory.
Although the huge variety of shiny vehicles is the main attraction, the Classics and Chrome raffle is one of the show’s most popular features. Attendees can buy raffle tickets for $100 each, or they can buy five tickets and get their sixth one free.
The grand prize of the raffle is $35,000. Other prizes include: Second prize, $2,500 Clodius & Co. jewelry set; third prize, $1,000 in Mobil gas cards; fourth prize, 25 large pizzas from Papa John’s and a Pepsi vending machine.
For those unable to attend the show, raffle tickets can also be purchased by calling Keith Country Day School at (815) 399-8823.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue