- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rock Valley Ski Association banquet April 17
From press release
The Rock Valley Ski Association (RVSA) will celebrate members’ accomplishments this year at the spring banquet to be held beginning at 6 p.m., Saturday, April 17, at the IBEW Local 364 Banquet Hall, 6820 Mill Road, Rockford. Skiers and all those interested in skiing and travel are invited to attend.
The event will begin with a social hour from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by a buffet dinner at 7 p.m. Awards and dancing will follow. Reservations are $30 and should be made by contacting Jennifer Fritts at (815) 519-4100.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue