- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Small Potatoes performs at JustGoods April 16
From press release
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts welcomes back the popular duo Small Potatoes at 7:30 p.m., Friday, April 16, at JustGoods Listening Room, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Jacquie Manning and Rich Prezioso are husband and wife, partners in life in addition to their musical partnership. When you see Small Potatoes perform, you hear two great voices, some fine guitar playing, and a touch of tin whistle, flute, mandolin, bodhran and other percussion toys. Together, they present a truly rare blend of vocal and instrumental abilities, award-winning songwriting, and arranging talents.
Manning and Prezioso have the unique ability to adapt to the style of music they happen to be playing. They seem comfortably at home whether playing an upbeat cowboy swing tune or a tender, traditional ballad—though there are no rules here, either; sometimes the traditional sounds contemporary, sometimes the contemporary sounds traditional. They also pay attention to the little things, the warmth, humor and a rapport with the audience that makes for a memorable performance.
Warning: The Small Potatoes Rockford-region audience is quick, and their show usually sells out, so Charlotte’s Web suggests you get your tickets quickly.
Tickets are $12 in advance or $15 at the door. Advance tickets are available at Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both of The Postal Shoppe locations, in the Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940; The Kilt & Clover, 1414 N. Main, (815) 962-5458; and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903. Tickets can also be ordered with credit card via PayPal ($1 /ticket service charge), at www.charlotteswebofrockford.org. Print your receipt and present it at the door to redeem your tickets.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.charlotteswebofrockford.org.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue