- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Small Potatoes performs at JustGoods April 16
From press release
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts welcomes back the popular duo Small Potatoes at 7:30 p.m., Friday, April 16, at JustGoods Listening Room, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Jacquie Manning and Rich Prezioso are husband and wife, partners in life in addition to their musical partnership. When you see Small Potatoes perform, you hear two great voices, some fine guitar playing, and a touch of tin whistle, flute, mandolin, bodhran and other percussion toys. Together, they present a truly rare blend of vocal and instrumental abilities, award-winning songwriting, and arranging talents.
Manning and Prezioso have the unique ability to adapt to the style of music they happen to be playing. They seem comfortably at home whether playing an upbeat cowboy swing tune or a tender, traditional ballad—though there are no rules here, either; sometimes the traditional sounds contemporary, sometimes the contemporary sounds traditional. They also pay attention to the little things, the warmth, humor and a rapport with the audience that makes for a memorable performance.
Warning: The Small Potatoes Rockford-region audience is quick, and their show usually sells out, so Charlotte’s Web suggests you get your tickets quickly.
Tickets are $12 in advance or $15 at the door. Advance tickets are available at Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both of The Postal Shoppe locations, in the Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940; The Kilt & Clover, 1414 N. Main, (815) 962-5458; and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903. Tickets can also be ordered with credit card via PayPal ($1 /ticket service charge), at www.charlotteswebofrockford.org. Print your receipt and present it at the door to redeem your tickets.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.charlotteswebofrockford.org.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue