- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
To the Editor: Thanks for caring employees
Last week I came in to place an ad for my lost cat. I was sad and upset thinking I might never see him again. I just want you to know what an outstanding job Joe [McGehee] did placing my ad for me.
He was understanding, sympathetic and kind, as was Susan [Johnson]. They have pets and shared my concern. The story has a happy ending this time; he came home a few days later. Thin, but all right. Thank God.
You are very lucky to have such caring employees; give them a pat on the back for me—they deserve it.
The next time I need to place an ad, Rock River Times will be my first choice.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue