- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
To the Editor: Thanks for caring employees
Last week I came in to place an ad for my lost cat. I was sad and upset thinking I might never see him again. I just want you to know what an outstanding job Joe [McGehee] did placing my ad for me.
He was understanding, sympathetic and kind, as was Susan [Johnson]. They have pets and shared my concern. The story has a happy ending this time; he came home a few days later. Thin, but all right. Thank God.
You are very lucky to have such caring employees; give them a pat on the back for me—they deserve it.
The next time I need to place an ad, Rock River Times will be my first choice.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue