- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
To the Editor: Thanks for caring employees
Last week I came in to place an ad for my lost cat. I was sad and upset thinking I might never see him again. I just want you to know what an outstanding job Joe [McGehee] did placing my ad for me.
He was understanding, sympathetic and kind, as was Susan [Johnson]. They have pets and shared my concern. The story has a happy ending this time; he came home a few days later. Thin, but all right. Thank God.
You are very lucky to have such caring employees; give them a pat on the back for me—they deserve it.
The next time I need to place an ad, Rock River Times will be my first choice.
From the April 14-20, 2010 issue