- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Community news and notes: Week of Apri 21-27, 2010
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful announced new board members and officers at their 2010 annual meeting. Board officers include: Mary Norman, board president; Steve Nailor, vice president; Bob McCreath, secretary; and Lloyd Johnson, treasurer. New board members include: Connor Brown and Gary Caruana. … The Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) recently announced that Paul Brandel has joined the RMTD management team as the risk manager. Brandel will be responsible for managing the district’s insurance plans and claims, overseeing the district’s workers’ compensation program, and ensuring that safety and security policies are adhered to in accordance with federal and state guidelines. He brings more than 11 years of experience in developing and managing workers’ compensation programs for companies such as Hyatt Hotel Corporation. Brandel is a graduate of Arizona State University. … The board of directors of the Janet Wattles Foundation recently named Mick Manne its vice president of development. Manne will be responsible for all development activities of the foundation.
TRRT and Rock River Trail offer thanks to WinGIS
The Rock River Times and the Rock River Trail project extend their sincere appreciation to the Winnebago County Geographic Information System (WinGIS) and its officers for their assistance in printing the maps for the Rock River Trail conference April 16-17 at Best Western Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center. Specifically, thanks to WinGIS Director Burnie Turner, Database Administrator Tawane Burks, Programmer Steve Gregg and 911 GIS Tech Sarah Brown. Your efforts were greatly appreciated!
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue