- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Community news and notes: Week of Apri 21-27, 2010
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful announced new board members and officers at their 2010 annual meeting. Board officers include: Mary Norman, board president; Steve Nailor, vice president; Bob McCreath, secretary; and Lloyd Johnson, treasurer. New board members include: Connor Brown and Gary Caruana. … The Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) recently announced that Paul Brandel has joined the RMTD management team as the risk manager. Brandel will be responsible for managing the district’s insurance plans and claims, overseeing the district’s workers’ compensation program, and ensuring that safety and security policies are adhered to in accordance with federal and state guidelines. He brings more than 11 years of experience in developing and managing workers’ compensation programs for companies such as Hyatt Hotel Corporation. Brandel is a graduate of Arizona State University. … The board of directors of the Janet Wattles Foundation recently named Mick Manne its vice president of development. Manne will be responsible for all development activities of the foundation.
TRRT and Rock River Trail offer thanks to WinGIS
The Rock River Times and the Rock River Trail project extend their sincere appreciation to the Winnebago County Geographic Information System (WinGIS) and its officers for their assistance in printing the maps for the Rock River Trail conference April 16-17 at Best Western Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center. Specifically, thanks to WinGIS Director Burnie Turner, Database Administrator Tawane Burks, Programmer Steve Gregg and 911 GIS Tech Sarah Brown. Your efforts were greatly appreciated!
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue