- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Ethnic Heritage Museum honors Rose Duguid Costello April 25
From press release
Help celebrate Rose Duguid Costello’s years of service to the Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM). Rose is moving to Bridgewater, N.J., next month to live near her son and daughter-in-law. This is a time to celebrate Rose and join in wishing her good-bye. The celebration is from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, April 25, at EHM, 1129 S. Main St., Rockford.
The Polish Gallery presents Rock Valley College student Mihow McKenny, who will play the violin. McKenny shares Chopin’s 200-year birthday with beautiful music. Guests may tour the museum as well. Donations are accepted, and Rose wishes donations be directed to the Capital Campaign Fund for the EHM addition.
When the museum opened in May 1989, Rose was there. She served a period as president as well as treasurer. She has always been an active Irish Gallery Board member. Rose was part of the initial group involved in getting the ethnic entertainment groups moving in the direction of the now-acclaimed International Music Festival.
For more information, call (815) 962-7402.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue