- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Ethnic Heritage Museum honors Rose Duguid Costello April 25
From press release
Help celebrate Rose Duguid Costello’s years of service to the Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM). Rose is moving to Bridgewater, N.J., next month to live near her son and daughter-in-law. This is a time to celebrate Rose and join in wishing her good-bye. The celebration is from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, April 25, at EHM, 1129 S. Main St., Rockford.
The Polish Gallery presents Rock Valley College student Mihow McKenny, who will play the violin. McKenny shares Chopin’s 200-year birthday with beautiful music. Guests may tour the museum as well. Donations are accepted, and Rose wishes donations be directed to the Capital Campaign Fund for the EHM addition.
When the museum opened in May 1989, Rose was there. She served a period as president as well as treasurer. She has always been an active Irish Gallery Board member. Rose was part of the initial group involved in getting the ethnic entertainment groups moving in the direction of the now-acclaimed International Music Festival.
For more information, call (815) 962-7402.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue