- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Learn how to improve the environment at Green Expo
From press release
A Green Expo featuring products and services aimed at improving the environment will be held from 4-7 p.m., Friday, April 23, at Rockford College’s Burpee Center Regents Hall.
The event, sponsored by the college’s Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement (JACCE) and the campus Rotoract chapter is an opportunity for local businesses and organizations to promote achievable ways to go green to the community.
Some 15 vendors are expected to exhibit at the event including Shaklee, Solergy Alternative Energy Solutions, University of Illinois Extension, Green Communities Coalition, Amazing Foam Insulation, Shelter Box USA, First Hand Farmers, JustGoods, Deslas Creations and others. Also during the expo, Cintas will host a community shredding day on the campus.
The Green Expo is free and open to the public. For more information, call JACCE at (815) 394-5143. The event is one of many campus activities coinciding with Green Week at the college, April 19-23. For more information, see www.rockford.edu.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue