- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Learn how to improve the environment at Green Expo
From press release
A Green Expo featuring products and services aimed at improving the environment will be held from 4-7 p.m., Friday, April 23, at Rockford College’s Burpee Center Regents Hall.
The event, sponsored by the college’s Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement (JACCE) and the campus Rotoract chapter is an opportunity for local businesses and organizations to promote achievable ways to go green to the community.
Some 15 vendors are expected to exhibit at the event including Shaklee, Solergy Alternative Energy Solutions, University of Illinois Extension, Green Communities Coalition, Amazing Foam Insulation, Shelter Box USA, First Hand Farmers, JustGoods, Deslas Creations and others. Also during the expo, Cintas will host a community shredding day on the campus.
The Green Expo is free and open to the public. For more information, call JACCE at (815) 394-5143. The event is one of many campus activities coinciding with Green Week at the college, April 19-23. For more information, see www.rockford.edu.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue