- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Learn how to improve the environment at Green Expo
From press release
A Green Expo featuring products and services aimed at improving the environment will be held from 4-7 p.m., Friday, April 23, at Rockford College’s Burpee Center Regents Hall.
The event, sponsored by the college’s Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement (JACCE) and the campus Rotoract chapter is an opportunity for local businesses and organizations to promote achievable ways to go green to the community.
Some 15 vendors are expected to exhibit at the event including Shaklee, Solergy Alternative Energy Solutions, University of Illinois Extension, Green Communities Coalition, Amazing Foam Insulation, Shelter Box USA, First Hand Farmers, JustGoods, Deslas Creations and others. Also during the expo, Cintas will host a community shredding day on the campus.
The Green Expo is free and open to the public. For more information, call JACCE at (815) 394-5143. The event is one of many campus activities coinciding with Green Week at the college, April 19-23. For more information, see www.rockford.edu.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue