- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Learn how to improve the environment at Green Expo
From press release
A Green Expo featuring products and services aimed at improving the environment will be held from 4-7 p.m., Friday, April 23, at Rockford College’s Burpee Center Regents Hall.
The event, sponsored by the college’s Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement (JACCE) and the campus Rotoract chapter is an opportunity for local businesses and organizations to promote achievable ways to go green to the community.
Some 15 vendors are expected to exhibit at the event including Shaklee, Solergy Alternative Energy Solutions, University of Illinois Extension, Green Communities Coalition, Amazing Foam Insulation, Shelter Box USA, First Hand Farmers, JustGoods, Deslas Creations and others. Also during the expo, Cintas will host a community shredding day on the campus.
The Green Expo is free and open to the public. For more information, call JACCE at (815) 394-5143. The event is one of many campus activities coinciding with Green Week at the college, April 19-23. For more information, see www.rockford.edu.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue