- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
To the Editor: Clean-up efforts appreciated
I would like to thank the people who took their time and effort to clean the litter up on our road. I live on Hales Corner Road outside of Stillman Valley, and it was so nice to drive along and not see the litter left by non-caring motorists. Thank you again for all your hard work. My grandchildren and I cleaned it up a few years back, but they have since moved to Tennessee. Thanks again.
Stillman Valley, Ill.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue