- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Touring pelicans make pit stop at Rockford
Ogle County resident Tom Eighmy found these white pelicans resting on an island in the middle of the Rock River along Route 2. He said the birds were first spotted Tuesday, April 13, flying past his house. Later, he said, “someone told us they were on the island,” so he went out to see them. They came by every night from Tuesday the 13th through Friday, April 16. The pelicans settled for a while along the river between Rockford and Byron. Eighmy estimates there were about 50-60 birds.