- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
- Happy hour (not so) special
Touring pelicans make pit stop at Rockford
Ogle County resident Tom Eighmy found these white pelicans resting on an island in the middle of the Rock River along Route 2. He said the birds were first spotted Tuesday, April 13, flying past his house. Later, he said, “someone told us they were on the island,” so he went out to see them. They came by every night from Tuesday the 13th through Friday, April 16. The pelicans settled for a while along the river between Rockford and Byron. Eighmy estimates there were about 50-60 birds.