- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Touring pelicans make pit stop at Rockford
Ogle County resident Tom Eighmy found these white pelicans resting on an island in the middle of the Rock River along Route 2. He said the birds were first spotted Tuesday, April 13, flying past his house. Later, he said, “someone told us they were on the island,” so he went out to see them. They came by every night from Tuesday the 13th through Friday, April 16. The pelicans settled for a while along the river between Rockford and Byron. Eighmy estimates there were about 50-60 birds.