Tricoci offers hair and makeup tips for the prom
From press release
With prom season upon us, Tricoci University of Beauty Culture experts want to share some makeup and hair tips to prevent young ladies from looking back on their prom photos with a grimace.
These simple hair and makeup tips will guarantee a sophisticated and gorgeous look for the spring 2010 prom attendee, regardless of dress style or footwear choice.
Top five makeup trends/tips
1. Bold lips—Deep red, deep plum—with this, keep a more subtle eye shadow but paired with a bold “cat eye” eyeliner and bold lips.
2. Cat eyes—Liquid liner works best for this—look at fashion magazines or vintage pictures from the 1940s (Veronica Lake) for design inspiration.
3. Full brows—Don’t over tweeze!!!
4. Warm tones on eyes and cheeks—Corals, peaches, coppers; keeps the look soft and glowing.
5. Flawless skin—Using a foundation that will blend and soften imperfections, get regular facials and always cleanse and moisturize.
Top five hair trends/tips
1. Soft beach waves—Work with you hair’s natural wave, work through with pomade to shape curl, use a big barrel iron to help define wave.
2. Long braids—Add length to any pulled low style with temporary extensions; soft, loose braid or fishtail adds interest in the style.
3. Loose “low-do’s”—So a formal style but pinned around the nape; pull hair into a loose, low ponytail with some waves and loosely pin lengths around the pony.
4. Multi-dimensional color—Keep your color dimensional within three complementary shades—one color all over is out, can be flat—tell your colorist you want to see dimension and reflection in your color.
5. Shiny, healthy hair—Using the appropriate shampoo and conditioner and getting regular treatments if you color or iron your hair a lot.
Tricoci University of Beauty Culture, a premiere beauty school, is at 5485 E. State St., Rockford.
From the April 21-27, 2010 issue
Print This Article