- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Arts Council offers raffle tickets to save Totally Arts Camp
From press release
Totally Arts Camp is a Rockford Park District summer program for children ages 5-14 held at Ellis Arts Academy in Rockford. The program offers high-energy, fun-filled classes in music, dancing, singing, creating and performing that enhance creativity and inspire youth to develop their interests and talents.
Rockford Area Arts Council has been involved since its inception in 1996 in working with the Rockford Park District to develop the program, identify artists, purchase supplies and provide artists’ assistants.
When the Rockford Park District slated Totally Arts Camp to be cut this year, Park District Commissioners received numerous e-mails from parents, grandparents and community members stating their support of the program and asking for reconsideration. The Rockford Park District has decided to scale the program to two sessions, and stated the need to raise money to save the program.
Rockford Area Arts Council is selling 2,000 raffle tickets to help raise money to offer the program this year. Prizes include cash prizes from $50 to $1,000 with winners being drawn daily and winning tickets going back into the drawing for future prizes. Winners will be posted at artsforeveryone.com.
Proceeds from the raffle go to support Rockford Area Arts Council and Totally Arts Camp. Tickets can be purchased at the Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State St., Rockford.
For more information, contact the Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue