- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Bring out the bikes! Bike Safety and Rodeo offered
From press release
NorthPointe Health and Wellness is sponsoring a Spring Bike Rodeo and Safety Check from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 1. With the improved weather, NorthPointe wants to be sure that those who are out riding are doing so safely. This event is free, open to the public and for bikers of all ages.
Shosie’s Cyclery of Loves Park will offer the safety check that includes checking the brakes, tire inflation, and other minor mechanical adjustments. The Safety Check is not a full tune-up, but will give your bike a safety update. Also, kids will enjoy the Bike Rodeo offering a fun, challenging route for your enjoyment sponsored by the Roscoe Police Department.
“This is a great time of year to get your bike out and moving,” expressed Kristi Lambright, director of NorthPointe Wellness. “This is our first combined Bike Rodeo and Safety Check, and we hope to get a good turnout. This area offers some excellent bike paths for the whole family, and we would like to encourage people to use them.”
NorthPointe Health and Wellness is at 5605 E. Rockton Road in Roscoe. For more information, call (815) 525-4900.