- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Bring out the bikes! Bike Safety and Rodeo offered
From press release
NorthPointe Health and Wellness is sponsoring a Spring Bike Rodeo and Safety Check from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 1. With the improved weather, NorthPointe wants to be sure that those who are out riding are doing so safely. This event is free, open to the public and for bikers of all ages.
Shosie’s Cyclery of Loves Park will offer the safety check that includes checking the brakes, tire inflation, and other minor mechanical adjustments. The Safety Check is not a full tune-up, but will give your bike a safety update. Also, kids will enjoy the Bike Rodeo offering a fun, challenging route for your enjoyment sponsored by the Roscoe Police Department.
“This is a great time of year to get your bike out and moving,” expressed Kristi Lambright, director of NorthPointe Wellness. “This is our first combined Bike Rodeo and Safety Check, and we hope to get a good turnout. This area offers some excellent bike paths for the whole family, and we would like to encourage people to use them.”
NorthPointe Health and Wellness is at 5605 E. Rockton Road in Roscoe. For more information, call (815) 525-4900.