- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Bring out the bikes! Bike Safety and Rodeo offered
From press release
NorthPointe Health and Wellness is sponsoring a Spring Bike Rodeo and Safety Check from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 1. With the improved weather, NorthPointe wants to be sure that those who are out riding are doing so safely. This event is free, open to the public and for bikers of all ages.
Shosie’s Cyclery of Loves Park will offer the safety check that includes checking the brakes, tire inflation, and other minor mechanical adjustments. The Safety Check is not a full tune-up, but will give your bike a safety update. Also, kids will enjoy the Bike Rodeo offering a fun, challenging route for your enjoyment sponsored by the Roscoe Police Department.
“This is a great time of year to get your bike out and moving,” expressed Kristi Lambright, director of NorthPointe Wellness. “This is our first combined Bike Rodeo and Safety Check, and we hope to get a good turnout. This area offers some excellent bike paths for the whole family, and we would like to encourage people to use them.”
NorthPointe Health and Wellness is at 5605 E. Rockton Road in Roscoe. For more information, call (815) 525-4900.