- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Bring out the bikes! Bike Safety and Rodeo offered
From press release
NorthPointe Health and Wellness is sponsoring a Spring Bike Rodeo and Safety Check from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 1. With the improved weather, NorthPointe wants to be sure that those who are out riding are doing so safely. This event is free, open to the public and for bikers of all ages.
Shosie’s Cyclery of Loves Park will offer the safety check that includes checking the brakes, tire inflation, and other minor mechanical adjustments. The Safety Check is not a full tune-up, but will give your bike a safety update. Also, kids will enjoy the Bike Rodeo offering a fun, challenging route for your enjoyment sponsored by the Roscoe Police Department.
“This is a great time of year to get your bike out and moving,” expressed Kristi Lambright, director of NorthPointe Wellness. “This is our first combined Bike Rodeo and Safety Check, and we hope to get a good turnout. This area offers some excellent bike paths for the whole family, and we would like to encourage people to use them.”
NorthPointe Health and Wellness is at 5605 E. Rockton Road in Roscoe. For more information, call (815) 525-4900.