- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Community news and notes: Week of April 28-May 4, 2010
The Rockford Park District recently announced that Samantha Hardt was one of several women recognized and honored to receive the 2010 Northern Illinois University (NIU) Outstanding Woman Student Award. Hardt was nominated by her academic and internship program adviser. Hardt is currently the administrative assistant for the Rockford Park District Police Department, and began her career with the Park District in 1998 in the accounting department as an accounts payable processor. The NIU Outstanding Woman Student Award is intended to foster the development of leadership among women students, both graduate and undergraduate, who entertain nontraditional aspirations, have overcome significant obstacles in the process of pursuing their education, or whose achievements and contributions might otherwise go unrecognized. … Phil Triolo and April Wells joined the Rockford office of McGladrey & Pullen LLP, as part of its audit team. Both earned bachelor’s degrees in accountancy and master of accounting science degrees from Northern Illinois University. … Ryan Swanson rejoined Arc Design Resources Inc. as a project manager. He will handle clients throughout the Midwest. Matt Smith was promoted to senior engineering technician. Smith provides technical design support to internal staff and clients from conceptual planning to final construction. Arc is a civil engineering and land surveying consulting firm with headquarters in Rockford.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue