- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Edgebrook & Learn Great Foods introduce specialty crop demos at Farmers’ Market
From press release
Go to the Edgebrook parking lot every Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the annual Farmers’ Market. This event starts May 5 and lasts until Oct. 27. Dozens of local farmers display their highest-quality vegetables, fruits, flowers and plants at the longest-running Farmers’ Market in the area.
In conjunction with the Illinois Department of Agriculture, Edgebrook announced the addition of a unique 12-week program that will occur during the Edgebrook Farmers’ Market. Learn Great Foods will present cooking demonstrations using specialty crops available in the market that day. The experienced chefs will share recipes, facts and the health benefits associated with these items. The community is encouraged to participate in these free events. The first 100 people will be able to take home their own complimentary foodbook (one per person) with a new foodbook being distributed at each scheduled demonstration. Visit the Edgebrook Web site at www.edgebrookshops.com for specific dates and times.
Learn Great Foods is a Midwest touring company that has been teaching and promoting the health benefits of crops since 2005. Through a series of foodbooks and hands-on demonstrations, an experienced chef will teach about the natural link that exists between sustainable farming, great cooking and the environment. More details about Learn Great Foods can be viewed on their Web site at www.learngreatfoods.com.
“The Edgebrook Farmers’ Market helps to increase the amount of healthier food options, offers a wide variety of specialty crops, and supports greener lifestyles. We are glad to do our part to promote healthy living in the Rockford community!” says Andrea Mandala, events coordinator.
Owned by the Orput Companies, Edgebrook is an established destination shopping and lifestyle center in the heart of Rockford at 1639 N. Alpine Road. With a unique combination of clothiers, boutiques, restaurants and service businesses, Edgebrook is an ideal place to meet, eat, shop and relax. For more information about the center or rental availability, contact Mike Boehm, Orput Companies, Inc.: phone (815) 226-0212; fax (815) 226-9193; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Edgebrook Web site edgebrookshops.com.