- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Education Multilingual Summit May 4 to address future of District 205 schools
From press release
Parents and community members will have an opportunity to hear about and offer opinions about the direction of Rockford Public Schools over the next five years during the “Visualize 2015” Education Multilingual Summit from 5 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, May 4, in the auditorium at Eisenhower Middle School.
Translators will be available for the following languages: Spanish, Catalan, Arabic, Burmese, Karen, Laotian, Polish, Russian, Urdu, French, Italian, German and sign language in English and Spanish.
“Visualize 2015” is the title of a five-year strategic plan for Rockford’s public schools. Participants at the “Visualize 2015” Education Summit can review draft copies of the plan, listen to an overview by District 205 Superintendent Dr. LaVonne M. Sheffield and offer feedback in breakout sessions following the superintendent’s presentation.
Anyone interested in listening or sharing ideas is invited to attend. Participants should register in advance by calling (815) 967-8093. Childcare and food will be provided.
“Visualize 2015” provides strategies for realizing the five major goals Dr. Sheffield has established for Rockford Public Schools: enhance learning opportunities for all children; ensure parents and community members are partners in the education process; provide clean and safe schools; hold adults accountable; and run an efficient business operation.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue