- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
To the Editor: Bullies in school district and unions
Loved the editorial cartoon with Ms. Sheffield as the dominatrix. I’ve watched the Rockford School District slowly disintegrate for the last 30 years and the effect that deterioration has had on the Greater Rockford area.
The Carpenters Union (like most other unions) is no longer concerned with the workers except as a source of funding. If they could, the union bosses would outsource the workers to a low-cost country, more operating funds that way. Their current lawsuits against the YouthBuild group are nothing but bullying the little guy.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue