- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
To the Editor: Bullies in school district and unions
Loved the editorial cartoon with Ms. Sheffield as the dominatrix. I’ve watched the Rockford School District slowly disintegrate for the last 30 years and the effect that deterioration has had on the Greater Rockford area.
The Carpenters Union (like most other unions) is no longer concerned with the workers except as a source of funding. If they could, the union bosses would outsource the workers to a low-cost country, more operating funds that way. Their current lawsuits against the YouthBuild group are nothing but bullying the little guy.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue