- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
To the Editor: Bullies in school district and unions
Loved the editorial cartoon with Ms. Sheffield as the dominatrix. I’ve watched the Rockford School District slowly disintegrate for the last 30 years and the effect that deterioration has had on the Greater Rockford area.
The Carpenters Union (like most other unions) is no longer concerned with the workers except as a source of funding. If they could, the union bosses would outsource the workers to a low-cost country, more operating funds that way. Their current lawsuits against the YouthBuild group are nothing but bullying the little guy.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue