- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
To the Editor: Bullies in school district and unions
Loved the editorial cartoon with Ms. Sheffield as the dominatrix. I’ve watched the Rockford School District slowly disintegrate for the last 30 years and the effect that deterioration has had on the Greater Rockford area.
The Carpenters Union (like most other unions) is no longer concerned with the workers except as a source of funding. If they could, the union bosses would outsource the workers to a low-cost country, more operating funds that way. Their current lawsuits against the YouthBuild group are nothing but bullying the little guy.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue