- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
To the Editor: Get involved–vote for Schilling
I’ve never been involved in politics. However, after more than a year of seeing what’s being done to our country with the government takeover of health care, wasteful spending of money with the stimulus bill that didn’t create jobs as we were told it would, possible legal rights for non-U.S. citizen terrorists, and the possible move of those terrorists to our state or our country, just to name a few issues, it’s motivated me to get involved to do anything I can to stop this madness.
Fortunately, for our district, District 17, I found out that we have a choice this coming November, and that is for Bobby Schilling (www.bobby2010.com). I recently met Bobby, and I’m going to do what I can to help him defeat our current congressman, Phil Hare, who didn’t “worry” about the Constitution when he voted for this government takeover of health care that would for the first time require us to buy something (health insurance) and have the IRS as the agency to verify it, enforce it, and confiscate tax returns.
Morrison (Fenton), Ill.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue