- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
To the Editor: Get involved–vote for Schilling
I’ve never been involved in politics. However, after more than a year of seeing what’s being done to our country with the government takeover of health care, wasteful spending of money with the stimulus bill that didn’t create jobs as we were told it would, possible legal rights for non-U.S. citizen terrorists, and the possible move of those terrorists to our state or our country, just to name a few issues, it’s motivated me to get involved to do anything I can to stop this madness.
Fortunately, for our district, District 17, I found out that we have a choice this coming November, and that is for Bobby Schilling (www.bobby2010.com). I recently met Bobby, and I’m going to do what I can to help him defeat our current congressman, Phil Hare, who didn’t “worry” about the Constitution when he voted for this government takeover of health care that would for the first time require us to buy something (health insurance) and have the IRS as the agency to verify it, enforce it, and confiscate tax returns.
Morrison (Fenton), Ill.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue