- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Get involved–vote for Schilling
I’ve never been involved in politics. However, after more than a year of seeing what’s being done to our country with the government takeover of health care, wasteful spending of money with the stimulus bill that didn’t create jobs as we were told it would, possible legal rights for non-U.S. citizen terrorists, and the possible move of those terrorists to our state or our country, just to name a few issues, it’s motivated me to get involved to do anything I can to stop this madness.
Fortunately, for our district, District 17, I found out that we have a choice this coming November, and that is for Bobby Schilling (www.bobby2010.com). I recently met Bobby, and I’m going to do what I can to help him defeat our current congressman, Phil Hare, who didn’t “worry” about the Constitution when he voted for this government takeover of health care that would for the first time require us to buy something (health insurance) and have the IRS as the agency to verify it, enforce it, and confiscate tax returns.
Morrison (Fenton), Ill.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue