- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
To the Editor: Get involved–vote for Schilling
I’ve never been involved in politics. However, after more than a year of seeing what’s being done to our country with the government takeover of health care, wasteful spending of money with the stimulus bill that didn’t create jobs as we were told it would, possible legal rights for non-U.S. citizen terrorists, and the possible move of those terrorists to our state or our country, just to name a few issues, it’s motivated me to get involved to do anything I can to stop this madness.
Fortunately, for our district, District 17, I found out that we have a choice this coming November, and that is for Bobby Schilling (www.bobby2010.com). I recently met Bobby, and I’m going to do what I can to help him defeat our current congressman, Phil Hare, who didn’t “worry” about the Constitution when he voted for this government takeover of health care that would for the first time require us to buy something (health insurance) and have the IRS as the agency to verify it, enforce it, and confiscate tax returns.
Morrison (Fenton), Ill.
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue