- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: Rock River Sweep appreciates community support
April 13, 2010, marked an exciting day for Rock River Sweep.org and the communities along the Rock River. On the shores of the Rock River in Oregon, Ill., an official announcement was made to the media that Exelon Nuclear and the Byron Generating Station in Byron, Ill., has made a $10,000 donation to Rock River Sweep.org and to our cause. This event was attended by Frank Masterman, founder of Rock River Sweep. org; Mr. Dan Enright, site vice president for the Byron Generating Station; and Mr. Paul Dempsey, communications manager for the Byron Station. Mr. Lee Butler and Mr. Andy Shaw, representing the Illinois Paddling Council, sponsors of this year’s river sweep event, were also present.
Members of the media present were Jennifer Simmons from the Ogle County Life, Chris Johnson from the Oregon Republican Reporter, Jeff Leon from WRHL Radio in Rochelle, Ill., and Chris Norman from the WIFR news team in Rockford.
We extend a heartfelt thanks to Exelon Nuclear and the Byron Generating Station for their generous donation and their support of this Rock River clean-up and revitalization effort. We also thank the media for their continued support of Rock River Sweep.org (A river clean-up… and more)
For more information about Rock River Sweep.org and the upcoming Rock River Sweep (A river clean-up) Saturday, July 31, or to volunteer as a section coordinator, please visit us on the Web at www.rockriversweep.org.
Frank Masterman, Founder
Rock River Sweep.org
(A river clean-up… and more)
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue