- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
- Tales from the Trough: Rockford skates into all-star break on high note
- Literary Hook: A poem for February
- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
To the Editor: Rock River Sweep appreciates community support
April 13, 2010, marked an exciting day for Rock River Sweep.org and the communities along the Rock River. On the shores of the Rock River in Oregon, Ill., an official announcement was made to the media that Exelon Nuclear and the Byron Generating Station in Byron, Ill., has made a $10,000 donation to Rock River Sweep.org and to our cause. This event was attended by Frank Masterman, founder of Rock River Sweep. org; Mr. Dan Enright, site vice president for the Byron Generating Station; and Mr. Paul Dempsey, communications manager for the Byron Station. Mr. Lee Butler and Mr. Andy Shaw, representing the Illinois Paddling Council, sponsors of this year’s river sweep event, were also present.
Members of the media present were Jennifer Simmons from the Ogle County Life, Chris Johnson from the Oregon Republican Reporter, Jeff Leon from WRHL Radio in Rochelle, Ill., and Chris Norman from the WIFR news team in Rockford.
We extend a heartfelt thanks to Exelon Nuclear and the Byron Generating Station for their generous donation and their support of this Rock River clean-up and revitalization effort. We also thank the media for their continued support of Rock River Sweep.org (A river clean-up… and more)
For more information about Rock River Sweep.org and the upcoming Rock River Sweep (A river clean-up) Saturday, July 31, or to volunteer as a section coordinator, please visit us on the Web at www.rockriversweep.org.
Frank Masterman, Founder
Rock River Sweep.org
(A river clean-up… and more)
From the April 28-May 4, 2010 issue