- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Game night May 7 to benefit American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life
From press release
“A Night of Games and Music” for the Relay For Life of Winnebago County will be held starting at 6 p.m., Friday, May 7, at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford, by the team The Winners Circle.
Join the team for a night of fun and games at Kryptonite Bar. The Winners Circle is proud to be a part of this year’s Winnebago County Relay For Life, setting a goal of $1,500. Funds raised by teams and individuals go toward cancer research, community educational programs, advocacy initiatives, and support services for area patients and their families.
Come and play a game of darts, cornhole or bunko. Participate in a Chinese auction filled with many generously donated items from around the city. Pampered Chef catalogs will be available for orders, as all profits from the catalog party will go directly to the American Cancer Society. The Screw City Saints will take the stage at 10 p.m. to kick the night up a notch.
If you have items you would like to add to the auction, please contact team captain Sara at SaraHarrilchak@gmail.com. The group looks forward to a great night with friends and family to benefit the American Cancer Society Relay For Life.
If you are unable to attend but would like to make a donation, please visit the team page http://main.acevents.org/goto/thewinnerscircle
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Winnebago County will be held from 6 p.m., June 18 to 6 a.m., June 19 at the Clock Tower Resort, 7801 E. State St., Rockford. Relay is an overnight event that brings the community together in the fight against cancer. Funds raised by teams and individuals go toward cancer research, community educational programs, advocacy initiatives, and support services for area patients and their families.
For more information about how to form a team or become involved in Relay For Life of Winnebago County, call Catherine at the American Cancer Society at (815) 229-1287 or visit www.RelayForLifeWinnebago.com.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue