- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Main Street Players presents Let’s Murder Marsha at Clock Tower
From press release
Main Street Players of Boone County will present its next production, Let’s Murder Marsha, May 7-9, May 14-16 and May 21-23 at the Clock Tower Resort Theater, 7801 E. State St., Rockford.
This comedy by Monk Ferris has been tagged as the kind of show made for audiences who like their jokes fast and nonstop. The show definitely has that Lucille Ball-like familiarity.
Marsha is hopelessly addicted to reading murder mysteries. While eavesdropping on her husband’s plans for her birthday surprise, Marsha is convinced he is plotting to kill her. With the help of her next-door neighbor, Marsha tries to turn the tables on them, which, of course, results in further misunderstandings. Cue the mayhem.
Ronn Gordon is directing a cast of locals: Amanda Krumrei, Amber Litteken and Keith Burritt of Belvidere; Bill Stinde of Poplar Grove; Dawn Stroup of Rockford; Julie Boggie of Machesney Park; and Ronn Gordon of Cherry Valley in this fun, comedic production.
Show times are Friday and Saturday nights at 8 p.m. and Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m. Ticket prices are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $5 for students with ID. Reservations are encouraged by going to the reservations page at www.mainstreetplayersofboonecounty.com or calling 800-741-2963.
Produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc., and Clock Tower Resort.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue