- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Main Street Players presents Let’s Murder Marsha at Clock Tower
From press release
Main Street Players of Boone County will present its next production, Let’s Murder Marsha, May 7-9, May 14-16 and May 21-23 at the Clock Tower Resort Theater, 7801 E. State St., Rockford.
This comedy by Monk Ferris has been tagged as the kind of show made for audiences who like their jokes fast and nonstop. The show definitely has that Lucille Ball-like familiarity.
Marsha is hopelessly addicted to reading murder mysteries. While eavesdropping on her husband’s plans for her birthday surprise, Marsha is convinced he is plotting to kill her. With the help of her next-door neighbor, Marsha tries to turn the tables on them, which, of course, results in further misunderstandings. Cue the mayhem.
Ronn Gordon is directing a cast of locals: Amanda Krumrei, Amber Litteken and Keith Burritt of Belvidere; Bill Stinde of Poplar Grove; Dawn Stroup of Rockford; Julie Boggie of Machesney Park; and Ronn Gordon of Cherry Valley in this fun, comedic production.
Show times are Friday and Saturday nights at 8 p.m. and Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m. Ticket prices are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $5 for students with ID. Reservations are encouraged by going to the reservations page at www.mainstreetplayersofboonecounty.com or calling 800-741-2963.
Produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc., and Clock Tower Resort.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue