- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
National Day of Prayer event May 6 at Coronado
From press release
The 59th annual National Day of Prayer is May 6. People of faith will gather from around the nation to pray for America, focusing on this year’s theme: “Prayer, for Such a Time as This.” In the Rockford region, people will gather at Coronado Theatre, 314 N. Main St., from 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, May 6, for prayer and worship.
For those who are able to participate, a pre-meeting prayer walk will begin at 5:30 p.m. Beginning at the Coronado, participants will walk north, south, east and west, on Main and State streets, praying for the businesses and neighborhoods and encouraging people to join them as they return to the theater.
Civic leaders, clergy and others from across the region will lead the prayer gathering. Participants include Noel Ayala, John Sprecher, Alfred Johnson, Bob Griffin and Earl Dotson Jr. Everyone is welcome and urged to attend. No tickets are needed, and parking will be free in the garage across the street from Coronado.
For more information, call (815) 962-6246.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue