- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
National Day of Prayer event May 6 at Coronado
From press release
The 59th annual National Day of Prayer is May 6. People of faith will gather from around the nation to pray for America, focusing on this year’s theme: “Prayer, for Such a Time as This.” In the Rockford region, people will gather at Coronado Theatre, 314 N. Main St., from 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, May 6, for prayer and worship.
For those who are able to participate, a pre-meeting prayer walk will begin at 5:30 p.m. Beginning at the Coronado, participants will walk north, south, east and west, on Main and State streets, praying for the businesses and neighborhoods and encouraging people to join them as they return to the theater.
Civic leaders, clergy and others from across the region will lead the prayer gathering. Participants include Noel Ayala, John Sprecher, Alfred Johnson, Bob Griffin and Earl Dotson Jr. Everyone is welcome and urged to attend. No tickets are needed, and parking will be free in the garage across the street from Coronado.
For more information, call (815) 962-6246.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue