- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
National Day of Prayer event May 6 at Coronado
From press release
The 59th annual National Day of Prayer is May 6. People of faith will gather from around the nation to pray for America, focusing on this year’s theme: “Prayer, for Such a Time as This.” In the Rockford region, people will gather at Coronado Theatre, 314 N. Main St., from 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, May 6, for prayer and worship.
For those who are able to participate, a pre-meeting prayer walk will begin at 5:30 p.m. Beginning at the Coronado, participants will walk north, south, east and west, on Main and State streets, praying for the businesses and neighborhoods and encouraging people to join them as they return to the theater.
Civic leaders, clergy and others from across the region will lead the prayer gathering. Participants include Noel Ayala, John Sprecher, Alfred Johnson, Bob Griffin and Earl Dotson Jr. Everyone is welcome and urged to attend. No tickets are needed, and parking will be free in the garage across the street from Coronado.
For more information, call (815) 962-6246.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue