- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
National Day of Prayer event May 6 at Coronado
From press release
The 59th annual National Day of Prayer is May 6. People of faith will gather from around the nation to pray for America, focusing on this year’s theme: “Prayer, for Such a Time as This.” In the Rockford region, people will gather at Coronado Theatre, 314 N. Main St., from 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, May 6, for prayer and worship.
For those who are able to participate, a pre-meeting prayer walk will begin at 5:30 p.m. Beginning at the Coronado, participants will walk north, south, east and west, on Main and State streets, praying for the businesses and neighborhoods and encouraging people to join them as they return to the theater.
Civic leaders, clergy and others from across the region will lead the prayer gathering. Participants include Noel Ayala, John Sprecher, Alfred Johnson, Bob Griffin and Earl Dotson Jr. Everyone is welcome and urged to attend. No tickets are needed, and parking will be free in the garage across the street from Coronado.
For more information, call (815) 962-6246.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue