- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
Rain barrel workshop at SWCD
From press release
A free rain barrel workshop will be held from 3-4 p.m., Wednesday, May 19, at the Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District office, 4833 Owen Center Road, Rockford. Topics of discussion include installation and maintenance requirements and environmental benefits of owning a rain barrel. Participants will receive free literature and the opportunity to purchase rain barrels and accessories. Limited space is available; participants must call ahead to reserve a seat by calling (815) 962-2392, ext. 3.
The Winnebago County SWCD is a locally-operated unit of government that strives to promote the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related natural resources within the district.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue