- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Rain barrel workshop at SWCD
From press release
A free rain barrel workshop will be held from 3-4 p.m., Wednesday, May 19, at the Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District office, 4833 Owen Center Road, Rockford. Topics of discussion include installation and maintenance requirements and environmental benefits of owning a rain barrel. Participants will receive free literature and the opportunity to purchase rain barrels and accessories. Limited space is available; participants must call ahead to reserve a seat by calling (815) 962-2392, ext. 3.
The Winnebago County SWCD is a locally-operated unit of government that strives to promote the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related natural resources within the district.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue