- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
- ComEd and river goers at same level?
- State Roundup: Governor visits IDOT listening tour, told he’s wrong on Turnaround
Rain barrel workshop at SWCD
From press release
A free rain barrel workshop will be held from 3-4 p.m., Wednesday, May 19, at the Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District office, 4833 Owen Center Road, Rockford. Topics of discussion include installation and maintenance requirements and environmental benefits of owning a rain barrel. Participants will receive free literature and the opportunity to purchase rain barrels and accessories. Limited space is available; participants must call ahead to reserve a seat by calling (815) 962-2392, ext. 3.
The Winnebago County SWCD is a locally-operated unit of government that strives to promote the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related natural resources within the district.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue