- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rain barrel workshop at SWCD
From press release
A free rain barrel workshop will be held from 3-4 p.m., Wednesday, May 19, at the Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District office, 4833 Owen Center Road, Rockford. Topics of discussion include installation and maintenance requirements and environmental benefits of owning a rain barrel. Participants will receive free literature and the opportunity to purchase rain barrels and accessories. Limited space is available; participants must call ahead to reserve a seat by calling (815) 962-2392, ext. 3.
The Winnebago County SWCD is a locally-operated unit of government that strives to promote the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related natural resources within the district.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue