- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockford Symphony’s 75th season closes with Beethoven’s 9th
From press release
The climax of the Rockford Symphony Orchestra’s (RSO) 75th anniversary is a magnificent performance of Beethoven’s 9th, a “joy-filled” immortal classic, performed by a 100-voice chorus, world-class soloists, and a full symphony orchestra. The concert will be at 7 p.m., Saturday, May 8, at Coronado Theatre, 314 N. Main St., Rockford.
The orchestra will join forces with the Mendelssohn Chorale to celebrate the wonderful community with this glorious music.
Following the performance, audience members may choose to extend their experience by attending the 75th Anniversary Gala Dinner at Rockford Country Club. Join other RSO concert-goers for a post-concert dinner celebrating the final moments of this historic season.
Dinner reservations are available online at www.rockfordsymphony.com or by calling the RSO at (815) 965-0049. To purchase tickets the day of the concert, contact the Coronado box office at (815) 968-0595.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue