- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Rockford Symphony’s 75th season closes with Beethoven’s 9th
From press release
The climax of the Rockford Symphony Orchestra’s (RSO) 75th anniversary is a magnificent performance of Beethoven’s 9th, a “joy-filled” immortal classic, performed by a 100-voice chorus, world-class soloists, and a full symphony orchestra. The concert will be at 7 p.m., Saturday, May 8, at Coronado Theatre, 314 N. Main St., Rockford.
The orchestra will join forces with the Mendelssohn Chorale to celebrate the wonderful community with this glorious music.
Following the performance, audience members may choose to extend their experience by attending the 75th Anniversary Gala Dinner at Rockford Country Club. Join other RSO concert-goers for a post-concert dinner celebrating the final moments of this historic season.
Dinner reservations are available online at www.rockfordsymphony.com or by calling the RSO at (815) 965-0049. To purchase tickets the day of the concert, contact the Coronado box office at (815) 968-0595.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue