- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Rockford Symphony’s 75th season closes with Beethoven’s 9th
From press release
The climax of the Rockford Symphony Orchestra’s (RSO) 75th anniversary is a magnificent performance of Beethoven’s 9th, a “joy-filled” immortal classic, performed by a 100-voice chorus, world-class soloists, and a full symphony orchestra. The concert will be at 7 p.m., Saturday, May 8, at Coronado Theatre, 314 N. Main St., Rockford.
The orchestra will join forces with the Mendelssohn Chorale to celebrate the wonderful community with this glorious music.
Following the performance, audience members may choose to extend their experience by attending the 75th Anniversary Gala Dinner at Rockford Country Club. Join other RSO concert-goers for a post-concert dinner celebrating the final moments of this historic season.
Dinner reservations are available online at www.rockfordsymphony.com or by calling the RSO at (815) 965-0049. To purchase tickets the day of the concert, contact the Coronado box office at (815) 968-0595.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue