- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Rockford Symphony’s 75th season closes with Beethoven’s 9th
From press release
The climax of the Rockford Symphony Orchestra’s (RSO) 75th anniversary is a magnificent performance of Beethoven’s 9th, a “joy-filled” immortal classic, performed by a 100-voice chorus, world-class soloists, and a full symphony orchestra. The concert will be at 7 p.m., Saturday, May 8, at Coronado Theatre, 314 N. Main St., Rockford.
The orchestra will join forces with the Mendelssohn Chorale to celebrate the wonderful community with this glorious music.
Following the performance, audience members may choose to extend their experience by attending the 75th Anniversary Gala Dinner at Rockford Country Club. Join other RSO concert-goers for a post-concert dinner celebrating the final moments of this historic season.
Dinner reservations are available online at www.rockfordsymphony.com or by calling the RSO at (815) 965-0049. To purchase tickets the day of the concert, contact the Coronado box office at (815) 968-0595.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue