- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
S.I.P. Kids at Saturn of Rockford May 7-8 to combat child abductions
From press release
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, 797,500 children go missing every year. Police officials say time is critical in the recovery of missing children. One major problem that costs precious time is gathering current photographs, fingerprints and statistical information to assist law enforcement agencies. Helping communities eliminate this problem is S.I.P. Kids.
S.I.P. Kids is in town May 7-8 to provide free digital fingerprinting and photos for all children. In addition, they invite local organizations to educate children and their families about how to avoid unsafe situations.
The Winnebago County Sheriff and No Joke Martial Arts will join S.I.P. Kids with demonstrations, as well as Safe Kids of Winnebago County providing car seat safety inspections, and information from many other organizations.
The event is free and will be at Saturn of Rockford. Hours are noon-6 p.m., Friday, May 7, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, May 8.
For more information, call Jacki at (319) 268-4111 or e-mail her at Jacki@sipkids.com.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue