- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
S.I.P. Kids at Saturn of Rockford May 7-8 to combat child abductions
From press release
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, 797,500 children go missing every year. Police officials say time is critical in the recovery of missing children. One major problem that costs precious time is gathering current photographs, fingerprints and statistical information to assist law enforcement agencies. Helping communities eliminate this problem is S.I.P. Kids.
S.I.P. Kids is in town May 7-8 to provide free digital fingerprinting and photos for all children. In addition, they invite local organizations to educate children and their families about how to avoid unsafe situations.
The Winnebago County Sheriff and No Joke Martial Arts will join S.I.P. Kids with demonstrations, as well as Safe Kids of Winnebago County providing car seat safety inspections, and information from many other organizations.
The event is free and will be at Saturn of Rockford. Hours are noon-6 p.m., Friday, May 7, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, May 8.
For more information, call Jacki at (319) 268-4111 or e-mail her at Jacki@sipkids.com.
From the May 5-11, 2010 issue