- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Area team hosts–and wins–basketball tournament
By Matt Nestor
The weather is warming up, as is the basketball offseason for local players.
Teams from all over the stateline area and beyond gathered at Jefferson High School this past weekend to play basketball in the Pryme Tyme Round Robin Tournament hosted locally by Pryme Tyme Youth Organization.
The Jefferson gym was packed as 30 teams traveled from as far as Iowa to take place in the tournament that hosted boys’ and girls’ teams from ages 9-17.
Some of the top area players, including Fred Van Vleet and Marcus Posley, competed for titles in the round-robin-style tournament.
The host organization, Pryme Tyme, won three of the titles, with their 16-and-under team winning the top boys’ tournament. The 14-and-under team won and the 12-and-under team won competing in the 13-and-under division.
The Racine Warriors dominated the field in the 16-and-under girls’ tournament, topping the Stateline team 38-17 to win the title.
Along with Pryme Tyme, Stateline sent five teams, who also took second in the 12-and-under girls, and Iowa Showtime sent seven teams, including the second-place finisher in the 17-and-under boys’ division, losing to Pryme Tyme 65-43.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue