- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Area team hosts–and wins–basketball tournament
By Matt Nestor
The weather is warming up, as is the basketball offseason for local players.
Teams from all over the stateline area and beyond gathered at Jefferson High School this past weekend to play basketball in the Pryme Tyme Round Robin Tournament hosted locally by Pryme Tyme Youth Organization.
The Jefferson gym was packed as 30 teams traveled from as far as Iowa to take place in the tournament that hosted boys’ and girls’ teams from ages 9-17.
Some of the top area players, including Fred Van Vleet and Marcus Posley, competed for titles in the round-robin-style tournament.
The host organization, Pryme Tyme, won three of the titles, with their 16-and-under team winning the top boys’ tournament. The 14-and-under team won and the 12-and-under team won competing in the 13-and-under division.
The Racine Warriors dominated the field in the 16-and-under girls’ tournament, topping the Stateline team 38-17 to win the title.
Along with Pryme Tyme, Stateline sent five teams, who also took second in the 12-and-under girls, and Iowa Showtime sent seven teams, including the second-place finisher in the 17-and-under boys’ division, losing to Pryme Tyme 65-43.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue