- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Blues artist Dave Weld releases new CD
By Jim Hagerty
Blues lovers and members of the Crossroads Blues Society joined Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames at Big Cities Lounge Friday, April 29, to celebrate the release of the band’s new CD, Burnin’ Love.
The Delmark recording is Weld’s fourth project. His band, based in Chicago, consists of two Rockford products—bassist Dave Kaye (Barstool Bob, Steve Ditzell, Dave Hole, Bo Diddley) and vocalist Monica Myhre.
Weld is an internationally-known artist who has toured the world with his own band and as a guitarist with Lil’ Ed and the Blues Imperials. He’s performed at countless festivals including the Chicago Blues Fest, Mississippi Valley Blues, Milwaukee Summerfest and On the Waterfront in Rockford.
Weld is known for his raw slide style and energetic stage antics, including walking on tables and scaling stools and chairs.
Burnin’ Love is available at Weld’s Web site, www.daveweld.com. The site also includes a tour schedule and gallery of photos and sound clips.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue