- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Blues artist Dave Weld releases new CD
By Jim Hagerty
Blues lovers and members of the Crossroads Blues Society joined Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames at Big Cities Lounge Friday, April 29, to celebrate the release of the band’s new CD, Burnin’ Love.
The Delmark recording is Weld’s fourth project. His band, based in Chicago, consists of two Rockford products—bassist Dave Kaye (Barstool Bob, Steve Ditzell, Dave Hole, Bo Diddley) and vocalist Monica Myhre.
Weld is an internationally-known artist who has toured the world with his own band and as a guitarist with Lil’ Ed and the Blues Imperials. He’s performed at countless festivals including the Chicago Blues Fest, Mississippi Valley Blues, Milwaukee Summerfest and On the Waterfront in Rockford.
Weld is known for his raw slide style and energetic stage antics, including walking on tables and scaling stools and chairs.
Burnin’ Love is available at Weld’s Web site, www.daveweld.com. The site also includes a tour schedule and gallery of photos and sound clips.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue