- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Blues artist Dave Weld releases new CD
By Jim Hagerty
Blues lovers and members of the Crossroads Blues Society joined Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames at Big Cities Lounge Friday, April 29, to celebrate the release of the band’s new CD, Burnin’ Love.
The Delmark recording is Weld’s fourth project. His band, based in Chicago, consists of two Rockford products—bassist Dave Kaye (Barstool Bob, Steve Ditzell, Dave Hole, Bo Diddley) and vocalist Monica Myhre.
Weld is an internationally-known artist who has toured the world with his own band and as a guitarist with Lil’ Ed and the Blues Imperials. He’s performed at countless festivals including the Chicago Blues Fest, Mississippi Valley Blues, Milwaukee Summerfest and On the Waterfront in Rockford.
Weld is known for his raw slide style and energetic stage antics, including walking on tables and scaling stools and chairs.
Burnin’ Love is available at Weld’s Web site, www.daveweld.com. The site also includes a tour schedule and gallery of photos and sound clips.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue