- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Community news and notes: Week of May 12-18, 2010
Ignite, the region’s young professionals organization, named Caitlin Ludwig its new director. Ludwig had been a member of the group’s Leadership Team. Ludwig is responsible for overseeing the development and growth of the broad-based regional organization including its more than 200 members, several events and community initiatives. Ignite consists of diverse young professionals working together to showcase the Rockford region as a cool place to live, work and play. … Nels Akerlund of Rockford received special honors in the Wedding & Portrait Photographers International 2010 Awards of Excellence 16×20 Print Competition. “Untitled_002” received an Accolade of Excellence in the Bride or Groom Alone category. The annual international competition included 3,388 prints in 18 categories from photographers all over the world. … Larry Andersen of Rockford recently earned membership in the Million Dollar Round Table. He is a 38-year MDRT life and qualifying member. Membership is attained by life insurance producers who meet MDRT’s annual production requirement, are members of their local life underwriters association and sell a minimum of 25 lives/cases. Million Dollar Round Table membership represents the top 1 percent of all life underwriters worldwide.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue